All classes offered are inter-disciplinary in style.
In simple terms Hatha yoga is the practice of yoga which has a strong focus on asanas (postures) as opposed for example, to Bhakti yoga which is a devotional practice.
The inter-disciplinary style incorporates various elements of the different Hatha yoga practices.
The Hatha practice varies from discipline to discipline. There are many well-known variations; Iyengar, Astanga, Jivamukti, Bikram, Sivananda.
Classes are for men and women of mixed abilities who:
- have never done yoga but are reasonably fit
- currently have a yoga practice
- have practiced yoga in the past
- have not had recent surgery or recent serious injury
- are able to get up and down from the floor with ease
If you are pregnant I will be happy to refer you to Pregnancy Yoga classes.
New students please speak with me in person or on the phone
with any concerns or questions prior to starting class.