Classes are in an 'Inter-discipline' style.
Every person's body is different.
Various asanas (postures) are modified to accommodate/ adapt to the unique requirements of the student to facilitate the safest and most enjoyable experience.
Learning an approach of deep 'listening' to the body along with a strong foundation of connection with the breath is paramount in the practice.
We work together, as individuals, to find depth, strength, healing and joy.
The following guidelines are provided to enable you to
derive the most benefit (and enjoyment) from your practice
- Ability to get up and down easily off of your yoga mat
- No food for at least an hour and a half before class
- Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before class begins
- Advise me BEFORE ATTENDANCE,of any previous...
- medications etc.
- ...no matter how old they are
- Please bring
- Your own yoga mat and towel
- Yoga bricks/ blocks/ straps (if you have them)
- An open mind and an open heart
- Switch off mobile phone or put on vibrate
- Bring to my attention anything which may affect your practice
- Try not to disturb other students who may be sitting or lying down quietly
- Focus only on your own practice
- Rest if you need to
- Try to maintain awareness of your breathing (even while resting)
- Keep your sense of humour
- Speak to me in person, or on the phone, with any concerns
- Take your practice into your everyday life!
Feel free to call or email with any questions or concerns (727) 370- 7920 (email address above)
Always seek the advice of your professional health care advisor or practitioner before beginning any new 'exercise' routine